Are you looking for a career gives you the opportunity to be social, creative and do some good in the world?
There has never been a better time to start a career in hairdressing and here’s 6 reasons why you should seriously consider it;
1. It’s the happiest job in the world
Numerous studies have shown that Hairdressers are the happiest in their jobs out of all professions.. we believe this it’s because it feels good to help make others feel good.
2. We aren’t going anywhere
Unlike in other industries where robots seem to replacing humans, it’s unlikely we will be any time soon. There’s more demand than ever for good hairdressers.
3. We are recession proof
In uncertain economic times people still come and have there hair cut, if you are an expert in your craft you will never be out of work.
4. Get paid to learn
You don’t have saddled with student debt before you’ve even started working. Earn an income whilst honing your craft and getting real world experience.
5. Express your creativity
Hate the thought of being sitting at a desk and staring at a computer screen for hours? Styling hair is an art form that gives you a licence to create every single day.
6. Endless Opportunity
You can be salon based, fashion based or have no base at all whilst travelling the world doing hair. There are limitless avenues and opportunities to explore.
Join our tribe
If you love the sound of working in the salon industry and want an opportunity to be rewarded for your hard work then Tribe can help you get started.
Our Tribe are an eco-conscious collective with a passion for beautiful hair and healthy living.
We use plant-powered product brand Aveda and have a track-record of guiding great Stylists in their journey. As a growing company there are plenty of great opportunities for our next crop of future stars.
You don’t need any previous experience, just a strong interest, good attitude and be able to demonstrate in your work ethic that you have the dedication and a desire to be the great.
If successful, you will be based in-salon for four days with one day of dedicated training per week.
We have available positions for apprentices to start immediately, school leavers are welcome to apply.
Here’s what you’ll be doing:
- Making people feel welcome
- Helping people to look and feel great
- Giving expert advice and guidance
- Assisting and learning from experienced stylists
- Having high standards and attention to detail
- Helping the salon to run smoothly and efficiently
- Learning the craft and skill of hair styling
- Striving for excellence in everything that you do
We need you to be:
- Happy and Smiley
- Well dressed (this is the fashion industry)
- Good mannered and courteous
- Reliable and dependable
- Self motivated, positive and ambitious
We promise to:
- Give you a great start to your career
- Help you develop good habits
- Nurture your talent, creativity & potential
- Make sure you learn something new everyday
- Give you the opportunity to learn hairdressing
- Help you achieve a NVQ level 2 qualification
- Ensure you have a healthy work/ life balance
- Create a social, fun and creative environment to work in
If you think you want to join our Tribe, please send us some information about yourself. We will only respond to people who make an effort to get our attention.
You can send a C.V, mood board or a letter (be as creative as you want). You can email us at email@example.com or drop it into one of our locations.
Good Luck 🙂